What are Turo accidents?
Renting vehicles for short periods of time is quite difficult in Orange County, California. Even with rental agencies such as Hertz or Enterprise, renting cars is not as convenient as Turo. Turo is a different car rental agency that relies on personal vehicles on rent, rather than the agency’s own vehicles. Especially with the recent demand for Tesla in Orange County, many owners rented out their Tesla on Turo to pay off their car.
While it comes with its benefits, such as effortlessly renting a car for a day, it has also faced a lot of problems. Many owners’ private insurance does not cover for the commercial use rental of vehicles. Additionally, with the boom of the rental car market in Orange County, California, the number of Turo accidents has increased exponentially. Unfortunately, with the rise of Turo accidents in Orange County, it heavily contributed to last year’s record-high car fatality rate, amounting to 135 deaths. If you have been involved in an accident while using a Turo rental vehicle in Irvine or the surrounding Orange County cities, you may be entitled to compensation from the Turo auto rental agency.
What should I do if I get in a Turo Accident in Irvine, California?
You can be hit by a Turo rental car as a pedestrian or while you are in your vehicle. For either scenario, you are entitled to the same rights as the Turo rental car driver. As a result, if you have been hit by a Turo driver in Irvine or the surrounding Orange County cities, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. We highly recommend that you contact Alipour Law Group for expert legal assistance on your Turo accident in Irvine California or the surrounding Orange County cities.
What should I do if I am a Turo driver/lender in Irvine, California?
Turo does not offer its own insurance plan. Instead, they use third-party insurance companies to ensure protection for your rental. For instance, the premier protection plan covers up to $1,000,000 in liabilities and the actual cash value of the vehicle.
However, this may not be enough as there is only a limited amount of insurance coverage. To ensure that you are protected, you should ask to see the car registration, proof of insurance, and the driver’s license.
Our Irvine Personal Injury Lawyers Represent Clients In The Following Practice Areas:
- Brain Injury
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Hotel, Resort & Vacation Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Device Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premise Liability
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Uber/Lyft Accidents
What are the common causes of Turo accidents in Orange County, California?
There are three main scenarios that most Turo accidents fall into.
- Turo Driver: You are the driver of a Turo vehicle in Irvine or Orange County. While driving, you can be involved in a car accident as another driver collides into you
- Personal Driver: You are in your personal vehicle and a Turo vehicle crashes into you.
- Faulty Turo: Turo issued a malfunctioning vehicle, which resulted in the accident.
What are some important dates and timelines for a Turo lawsuit in Irvine, California?
In California, the statute of limitations details until when the lawsuit can be filled. For instance, under California law, there is a two-year deadline from when the accident occurred. If injuries were not immediately noticed (i.e. delayed symptoms or damage), you have two years from when the delayed injury was recorded. Additionally, if the accident involved a federal, state, or municipal vehicle, the statute of limitations is six months.
If you were a Turo driver, you must additionally report the accident immediately following the incident. There is a 24-hour window before the police report must be filed. Turo’s claim process requires the police report number to reference the incident.
What damages are covered under Turo injuries in Irvine, California?
Unfortunately, similar to other accidents, Turo accidents can be life threatening. Common damages that you may have suffered from includes, but are not limited to
- Medical bills: Medical treatment can be expensive and often times are not one-time treatments. As a result, compensation can include both past and future medical treatment. Medical treatments also can mean rehabilitation, equipment, and medication. Some of the common injuries include:
- Broken bones: Collision from a car, even if the car was driving at the speed limit, is enough to break bones in a pedestrian’s legs, arms, etc. It can take several weeks to even months to recover. In severe cases, victims can suffer permanent disabilities and disfigurement from amputations and burns.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries lead to many motorcyclists to lose the ability to control certain parts of their body. Specifically, spinal cord damage below the waist can lead to the inability to move body parts below the waist. If victims are fortunate enough with the treatment, they may be able to go through rehabilitation but for many victims, they may never be able to walk again.
- Internal bleeding: While many injuries can be easily identifiable, some are not that obvious. Collisions can lead to internal organs or blood vessels to rupture. If not treated immediately, it can lead to organ failure.
- Expenses: If there were costs that were out of pocket, it can be included for compensation
- While it can be unfortunate, some pedestrians will not survive their injuries. As a result, expenses for burials and funerals can be filed.
- Emotional and psychological distress: There can be emotional and psychological pain/suffering due to the injury. Compensation can include these damages for the pain and suffering that was experienced from the injury and post-injury. Furthermore, some injuries can have lasting impacts, such as a permanent scar or losing the ability to walk, which can be hard to recover emotionally.
- Loss of wages or earnings: injuries can prevent an individual from working, thus losing their main sources of income or wage.
- Loss of Consortium: This can include one’s ability to have children or depravation of relations due to injury
What evidence can be collected and used in your case?
There are several pieces of information that can be helpful to your case. For instance, it is important for passengers or drivers to call the Irvine police, California Highway Patrol, Orange County Sherriff or any emergency police responders or local Sherriff for an accident report. This allows a physical and official record of the accident that proves the incident in Irvine, or cities around Orange County. Additionally, this can confirm that the injuries were from the recorded accident.
Furthermore, it is helpful to take pictures of your injuries, the scene of the accident, as well as any other damages that are relevant. Within those pictures, include a copy of the at-fault or injured driver’s license, his/her insurance card, and the license plate. Contact information can be vital to reach out to eyewitnesses as they can confirm any claims you made about the accident and injuries.
Additionally, even if there were only minor injuries, it is important to visit a doctor to have a medical evaluation. The doctor can determine any injuries that are present and caused by the accident, and can record what treatments are required.
What should I do if I have suffered from Turo injury in Irvine, California?
If you are in need of medical assistance, seek immediate medical attention. If you are able to collect any evidence at the scene of the injury, take as many photos/videos and physical evidence as detailed above.
Be sure to report the incident to the police or public agency in charge so that they can file an incident report. You can also request security footage that captured the incident and the surrounding areas.
We highly recommend that you contact Alipour Law Group for expert legal assistance at (949) 997-9999 before signing documents or making any statements. Our Irvine personal injury lawyers are ready to assist you with any Turo accidents in Irvine or the surrounding Orange County cities.
I would highly recommend Matt! He is very knowledgeable and responds quickly. If you have any questions, he will be able to give you a detailed answer and prioritize your interests.
Finding the right attorney can be a challenging process. After speaking with Matt, I felt confident with his approach and advices. The process took way shorter than expected, and this was a big achievement. Highly recommended!
If Google had a option to add starts, then I would definitely go with 10 stars!! great performance and customer service. All were professional and courteous. Above & totally beyond. I highly recommend Matt to everyone.
I had a great experience with Alipour Law Group. Matt is so aware about what he is doing and so commitment about what he is promising to you. He is so knowledgeable, and I would definitely work with him again.
If I will be ask from 1-10 rating I will give 11 to Alipour Law Group, APC. Specifically to very smart Atty. Matt for being prompt in delivering feedback and giving his extra effort to help me. He has a good attitude and very responsive in dealing my needs and
I've had a great experience with Alipour Law Group. Matt is very knowledgeable and easy to reach out and communicate with. The level of his professionalism and dedication working on my case was very important to me. He helped me with getting the best outcome. I highly recommend him and
First and foremost, I just want to say thank you to Alipour Law Group and the Attorney Matt Alipour for helping me with my legal issue! Not only he was responsive when I would call with questions and concerns, but he would take his time to explain things to me
When I took my case to Alipour Law Group, I was almost sure that there is nothing that any attorney could do for me. I met with Matt once and explained my case. I was surprised that Matt was able to take care of my case in such a short
Latest blog posts
How the Advancements in Technology and Medicine Can Help Build Stronger California Personal Injury Cases
At the Alipour Law Group, APC, our Irvine personal injury attorney, Matt Alipour, also holds a degree in biomedical engineering, which integrates traditional engineering and technology principles with fundamental knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of...Read More
How Professional Research, Development, and Manufacturing Experience Can Help Pinpoint Vehicle Defects in California Lemon Law Cases
Matt Alipour, the founder of the Alipour Law Group, APC, is more than a California lemon law attorney, he is also a biomedical engineer. When our clients purchase a defective vehicle, they are entitled to a...Read More